History of the Program 'synapsen. An hypertextual card index'
Version 3.9, 2011/10/06
- Special filter for Citavi (BiBTeX-Import)
- Several minor improvements
Version 3.8, 2011/02/06
- Visual and deeper functional improvements
Version 3.7a, 2010/06/28
- Improved pdf-reader
- Minor changes and improvement
Version 3.6o, 2010/05/04
- Minor changes and improvements
Version 3.6h, 2009/10/08
- Some minor changes and improvements
Version 3.6, 2009/03/29
- Editor field added to enhanced bibliographic data of entry type Book and InBook
- Shuffling the frames with ctrl-^ resp. cmd-^
- Simplified update and saving of card arrangements
- Standardisied fonts in the report by pressing >F9<
- Cards record their own history (number of access, creation date)
- Minor improvements
- Blocking function in the network version
Version 3.5, 2008/11/20
- Drag&Drop between cards for manual links
- Improved report functions (search, add images, better formatting, highlighting...)
- Support for Open Office 3.0 (Mac, Linux, and Windows)
- Support for MS Word (Mac and Windows)
- Filtering the bibliography
- Adjustable schemes (Java-Look&Feel)
Version 3.1, 2008/08/23
Adaption to Mac OS X 10.5; many minor improvements and some fixes.
Version 3.0, 2007/11/25
New categories for movies, audio, and proceedings; new extensive printing interface; many minor improvements and some fixes.
Version 2.5, 2007/06/06
Improvement of the data import via BibTeX; support of the biblatex-package; new fields for shorttitle, translator, main title; revision of the automatic counter of paper copies; direct connection to text processors like MS Word or Open Office 2.2; several minor fixes and improvements.
Version 2.4f, 2007/03/19
Minor bugfixes. The card:-entries are slightly redesigned, they can now be added to bibliographies.
Version 2.4e, 2007/02/04
Enhancement of the settings: the text-archive can now be organized via a root directory, which will be saved as a default. Bugfix of importing an article; some minor bugfixes & changes
Version 2.4a, 2006/11/03
Some minor bug fixes & changes in preferences, in viewing the bibliography under Linux
Version 2.4, 2006/09/17
New category for images added
Version 2.3b, 2006/09/03
Enhancements of the electronic text-archive, small changes
Version 2.3, 2006/07/21
Electronic text-archive added
Support of remote external database server
Version 2.2a, 2006/06/26
Minor bugs fixed like closing operation of new cards
Version 2.2, 2006/06/24
Additional window for headword allocation added. Enhanced features for organising bibliographies (storing, visibility, etc.)
Version 2.1, 2006/05/14
synapsen now uses its internal database server as default, external databases via mySQL or MAMP or MS Access are supported as well.
Version 2.0, 2006/03/18
First release of synapsen's international version, fully documented in English
Version 1.x, 1999--2005
Various versions of the program in German language.